9 reasons to book Heather for your next event
- She is an award-winning author of 4 books; ‘The FT Guide To Business Networking’, ‘The Go-To Expert’, ‘How to make partner and still have a life’ (co-authored with Jo Larbie), and ‘Poised for Partnership’. This means you have the reassurance that Heather is a known and credible expert in the areas of ‘marketing and selling yourself’, (e.g. networking, winning new clients, being the go-to expert) practice management and career progression in the professions.
- If Deloitte, PwC, BT, The Telegraph and Warwick Business School trust her to deliver for their events, you can too.
- She has been a trainer since 2000, so you know that she will be able to motivate, excite, energise and enable your delegates to take action – whatever the size of event.
- Along with the credibility of being an FT published author, she brings fresh thinking and is definitely not ‘pale, male and stale’. Your audience will not be bored with Heather!
- Delegates consistently rank Heather as one of the best speakers at events she is involved in. See more feedback here
- Your audience will be entertained with her unique brand of humour, whilst coming away motivated to do things differently
- Having spent the last 12 years working in professional services, she really ‘gets’ the world in which accountants, lawyers and consultants operate in. That means she wouldn’t alienate your audience by talking about ‘customers’…
- She is a fellow of the Professional Speaking Association in the UK and Ireland, which is the nearest you can get to a guarantee that Heather will have your delegates talking positively about your event for years to come.
- She will help you publicise your event through her extensive communities on Twitter (12k+ followers), and LinkedIn (2800+ followers) and her targeted mailing list of over 5000+ accountants, lawyers and consultants
Heather is always up for a challenge. Perhaps this is why she specialises in, predominantly, helping accountants, lawyers & consultants market and sell themselves. Either to take the final step up to partner or create work-winning conversations with new clients. You know, the really difficult bit, how to actually kick the door down to get a meeting with a potential client.
In fact, over the last 12 months Heather has supported her clients to build their profile, differentiate themselves, grow their reputation, and in the process add over £1 million in fees to their client portfolio, and often make partner in the process. These include:
- An audit client securing a £200k contract with a new utilities company client
- A 120+ accounting firm being 6 months ahead of forecast as a result of our work together
- A 150+ global consulting firm used our ‘Go To Expert’ programme as an entry for a prestigious award. They used our programme as they have tangible proof that it has impacted the top and bottom line of their firm, and been a driver in helping them generate new clients to achieve their target of 27% annual revenue growth.
Who Heather works with:
Her work splits into 5 distinctive areas:
- Helping high potential accountants, lawyers and consultants take the step up to partner by building a cast-iron business and personal case
- Supporting small practice owners, mainly accountants and lawyers to grow their practice
- Working with intact sector teams to radically increase their new client leads and wins without resorting to cold calling
- Helping business book authors grow their business through writing their own book.
- Helping students and alumni of business schools achieve their career and business goals via their network and networking activities
In 2016 has found herself in demand by large corporate companies, such as BT and the Telegraph, who are running a networking event for their best clients or potential prospects. She has been used at these events to help design and facilitate the networking part of the event, as well as speak if required.
Accolades and endorsements include
- Becoming a fellow of The Professional Speaking Association of UK and Ireland in 2015.
- ICAEW deciding that Heather was the number one online influencer for the accountancy profession in 2015. (ICAEW #ROAR)
- Economia decided Heather was in the top 50 influencers on finance & business on social media in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Judging the Practice Excellence Awards in 2015 and 2016, British Accountancy Awards in 2011, 2012, 2015 and Women in the city’s Future Leader Awards 2016
- Publishing 3 books with Financial Times Publishing and Kogan Page, which have collectively been translated into over 7 different languages, sold over 20,000 copies and received over 150 five star reviews on Amazon.
The session at our Practice Excellence Conference which really got the most positive feedback was lead by Heather Townsend. Based on that, I think we will be working with Heather Townsend again.